lunes, 16 de agosto de 2010

An affectionate letter to a talented, annoying friend (Twitter friends: Please Retwitt if you can)


Mate, your Email begins this way:

Again:
August 16, 2010 From up North: Paintings
compare here http://bestbookmarks.co.cc/art/pencil-and-ink-drawings-by-pat-perry
from 30-06-2010
At least put my original post mate...
MATE:
 I already compare your post and Daniel Nelson´s.  They are not even similar.  I shall say, the post of From up North is composed by 24 images.  I took it from http://www.fromupnorth.com/, a page of Daniel Nelson, who lives in Karlskrona, Sweden, and who I frecuently follow.  Thats Why my post has been named From up North.

The name of the gallery is:

Inspiration Gallery #072 – Painting/Drawing

and it contains images from all of the following sites:

and from a huge variety of artists.
That is the true labor of a curator: to find, mix, and give coherence to the exhibited contain. That´s why I like Daniel´s work.

Only one of them has being taken from your page http://bestbookmarks.co.cc/ (the one that is included here as an attachment), but not for me.  I gave the proper credit to Daniel Nelson´s site, because he curate that post, not you.  I didn´t even know one of them was taken from your blog, simply because I have no obligation to elaborate a research on every image I see in other sites than yours.  By the way, not every post in my sites comes from other art workers.  Much of what are in them is mine and you have used it in the past: I use nicknames (women names always) as many others does.  Do you really believe I feed my 27 sites from you?

You may noticed that the first time you wrote me, I was not only polite, but amiable.  I even put your page´s name on my blogroll (a fact that is going to change right now).  Since then, I have been avoiding anything that could have relation with your page.

I do not know who you are, because you do not sign your letters, but I hope this was the last one, at least to complaint without any reason.  By the way, my name is Abraham, although I am grateful you call me Mate.  I already know your IP.  I would love to know your own name.
I also remind you: You are not the creator of those artworks, and you don´t own them.  So, I often go to other people web pages when I want and post what I want.

More yet: If I post something about (let´s say) Aristide Torchia (assuming you know who he was) Could you claim any rights over his ancient work, even if you previously posted it?
Finally, understand this: I did not take anything from your page, because I don´t visit it anymore and I will never do it again, so don´t ask me to give you any credit or, as you have said: "At least put my original post, mate...", because the original post came from From up North.
Yours,
Abraham Peña

Posted via email from apm35's posterous

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
Locations of visitors to this page