martes, 27 de marzo de 2012

“I don’t care how much sex anyone has..."

I don’t care how much sex anyone has, how often they do it, or who they do it with. I’m much more interested in the consent, pleasure, and well-being of the participants and the people affected by it. I respect women who are asexual, celibate, monogamous, multi-partnered, or have had more partners than they can recall. I respect women who only have sex after a commitment to monogamy and those who have sex with someone within minutes of meeting them. I respect women who have transactional sex, women who have sex for love, or for any other reason. I know that all of these categories are permeable and that many women move from one to another. And I know that any of these decisions can be made from a place of personal power, choice, and authenticity, as well as from a place of coercion, shame, and disempowerment.

What I care about is how someone treats the people around her and how she treats herself. To my mind, that’s what respect is all about.

Charlie Glickman

Posted via email from apm35's posterous

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
Locations of visitors to this page