domingo, 25 de septiembre de 2011

Gloria Swanson and her third husband, Henri de la Falaise

Gloria Swanson and her third husband, Henri de la Falaise

“This is personal. It wouldn’t be fair to tell without permission from Henry. And Henry is in France. But it was in Paris and I was going away. You know how such things are, those parting scenes. “So you are going away and I shall never see you again.” “Yes, I am going away and it is possible that I shall never see you again. But I hope that never happens.” One word led to another and - well, it wouldn’t be right to tell more without Henry’s consent.

But I know the proposal was in English, not in French, because I understood every word of it!”

Gloria Swanson in “How They Popped the Question,” Photoplaymagazine, October 1926

http://elelixirdelavida.tumblr.com/

Posted via email from apm35's posterous

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
Locations of visitors to this page